Before I get too far ahead of myself, let's get some details out there about the pattern itself:
- Extensive size range: XS - 3X (my 14 year old nephew fits the size XS so this one is perfect for the younger guys too!)
- Optional welt pockets and chest pockets
- Optional snap on hood
- Optional zipper flap and snaps
- Optional shoulder accents
- Can be made reversible depending on the zipper you choose
- No trim pages (which makes pattern assembly so much quicker)
- Layered sizing (only print the one(s) you need)
As I said, I put welt pockets on both of these vests, and I was a little leery of that whole process. However, Marisa's directions made the welts so simple to do, and I realized I had actually panicked myself into a tizzy for nothing at all. Given the pockets, zipper flaps, and lining, these vest did actually take me about 3-4 hours to complete. The time invested was absolutely worth it because I love love how both vests turned out. I definitely agree with the intermediate rating on this one. An adventurous beginner might be able to take this on, but with all of the different elements on this one, I would definitely recommend a little bit of experience first.
Alright, so guess what! This pattern is currently on sale for $6.50, but that price won't last long! After the release sale is over, the price goes up to $9.95 (still a steal for everything you get with this pattern!) You can grab the William Vest here by clicking here: William Vest Pattern OR you can grab the Family Vest Bundle for $22. This bundle includes the William, the Willa, and the Billie so you can make vests for the entire family: Family Vest Bundle. Thanks so much for hanging through this review with me; I really appreciate you! Now go grab you some patterns and sew up some vests for the loves in your life!
Blessings and Happy Sewing,