Monday, February 22, 2016

Just hanging around with Emily


So, I hate to go clothes shopping...and I hate to do laundry.  I might hate to do laundry just a little more than I hate clothes shopping.  So, when Marisa posted that she was doing a tester call for her new Emily Tee, I was all over that like bees on honey!  I was a little worried about it being something for me because I have a love hate relationship with sewing tops for myself (I usually have to frankenpattern to make things fit all my bits right), but this...this top was perfection!  I seriously want to make 30 of these so I have a whole month's worth that I can live in.


Okay so some basics about the pattern first:
- Pattern ranges from XS to XXL so it covers a large size range.
- There are 3 sleeve options: long, elbow, and short.
- The neckline has 4 options: hoodie, cowl, scoop neck, and jewel neck.
- You can opt for a triangle inset on the side seam or just leave it as a whole piece.
- There are elbow patches for the long sleeve option!  I loved these and was trying to find a way to incorporate them into the long sleeve tee that I did...so sad that I couldn't so I guess I just have to make another one.
- Maternity add-on pack available!
- The instructions are very concise and straightforward.  There are also tons of pictures for those of us who do better with the visuals.  

As far as the pattern, I had no problems with following along.  I did read it a couple of times to make sure I knew what to do.  I actually read the thumb hole part a few more times because I had never made actual thumb holes before, and after I got started, it was REALLY easy.  I seriously want to put them on all of my long sleeve shirts now.  Those thumbholes and the cowl neck are my favorite parts of this shirt!!  I made my first top in a burnout sweater fabric that I have been hoarding forever now, and it was perfect for this top.

I also did a second shirt in the short sleeve version so that I had a top to wear to the KidFest here in Oklahoma City.  It took about 45 minutes from start to finish, and I had a top that fit me so perfectly that I didn't even worry once about it all day.  This pattern fit me everywhere, even my arms which usually need some readjusting.  

Again, as far as the fit, I found it to be pretty true to RTW.  I didn't have any issues with the bottom riding up or the sleeves being too tight.  It's kind of a close fit cut on me, but not so close that I was self conscious at all.   The pieces sewed together like a breeze.  Everything lined up perfectly, and it was a very quick sew.

AND, the best news of all, Marisa is offering the pattern at a special release price!  You can grab your copy of the pattern for $6 (maternity add on on sale for $2) from now until February 26th!

Shop Laela Jeyne Patterns here at her webstore!  Remember, the Emily T-shirt is on sale for a limited time to celebrate the release of this have to have pattern!  

If you want to skip on over to the Facebook group, you can find it here.  Marisa posts all of her happenings here so you won't miss out on new releases or special events!  

Now, if you've read this far, then I really do appreciate you for sticking with me!  Now head on over and pick up your copy of the Emily!

Happy Sewing,
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment