Friday, February 12, 2016

In the Hampton's with Jack and Jackie


All smiles!!  These are the standard sleeves
on Bug and flutter sleeves on Boo.

Okay, okay, so maybe it's not Hampton's.  And maybe aren't hanging with anyone from the Kennedy family...BUT, this shirt is still a whole lot of happiness all on its own. It's such a rare occasion that my kids want to wear something that I've made that I have to (not so secretly) celebrate when they BOTH agree to wear something "mama made"...Wellll, let me tell ya, the Jack and Jackie top that I recently had the good fortune to test for Snuggle My Baby Patterns is one such pattern.  This pattern was absolutely perfect for my littles since my daughter is quickly growing away from ruffles and bows (TRAGEDY for me because in my world everything is better with a bow!!!) and little bug could have a shirt to match sissy.
See what I did there?  We're not above bribery
to get a photoshoot going on!

So, first things first, pattern details:
- Pattern ranges from 2T-12 so there's a lot of room to grow with this one!
- There are three sleeve options: long, short, and flutter
- There are two sizing options: regular or slim
- There are no buttons or zippers to work with so super duper easy there!
- The instructions are very concise and easy to follow along with, and if you're a visual learner like me, there are a lot of photos along the way to show us what we need to do!
- The pattern itself is really easy to sew together and is a really quick sew.  I was able to get 4 shirts done in a day!
At this point I was informed that
I should have done long sleeves
Like I said, the pattern is so easy to follow.  I read it once through before cutting anything to make sure I understood the instructions, and we were off and running!  Construction came together like a breeze, and I had no issues at all with the pieces lining up.   The top slips over the head so there aren't any fasteners for little hands to work through.  My kids picked out some British Invasion from Riley Blake and had to match so they could be twinsies so I made them both the same top with different sleeves.  I also made a Spiderman one for my son's best friend and a long sleeved version for a special little girl we know!
Bribery again!  She would only stand still because
I promised her cheese sticks.
As for the fit, it was true to ready to wear sizing.  There's plenty of room in the top that the kiddos can climb and jump around, but the shirt itself doesn't appear to be swallowing them up when they are wearing it!  Spiderman informed me that he would much rather have had the long sleeves as that would hide his web blasters much better, but he would make it work!  I thought that was pretty benevolent of him. :)!

All in all, all four of the kiddos loved this shirt, and I've been asked if there is any way that all of their friends can have shirts so they can all match.  At this rate, it might be summer by the time I get them done so I'm thankful this is a quick and easy pattern!  It's on sale right now until February 19!  You can grab it at a special release price of $5!  After that, it goes up to the usual price of $7.95 so don't miss out!

The pattern is available at the Snuggle My Baby Patterns Etsy store!  Jennifer also has a group on Facebook that you can join to keep up with her happenings, apply for test calls, and ask for help on patterns!
Still bribing him!  This time we had to add some
Umi Zoomi to sweeten the deal!
If you've made it this far, I appreciate you hanging in there with me!  Go grab your copy of Jack and Jackie's and sew your little love some of these tops!!

Happy Sewing,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. All of your models look like they're having a great time in their new shirts! I know what you mean about growing out of ruffles and bows though....such a shame!
    Great job on the shirts, 4 in a day is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your models look like they're having a great time in their new shirts! I know what you mean about growing out of ruffles and bows though....such a shame!
    Great job on the shirts, 4 in a day is impressive!

    ReplyDelete