Thursday, August 30, 2018

Fashionista Fab (crop jean jacket from Winter Wear Designs)



My daughter is always cold…always.  It was 93 degrees out today, and she left the school with a hoodie on.  She’s always looking for something to throw over her top when we’re running out the door.  The new Fashonista Jean Jacket from Winter Wear Designs is pretty amazing as an easy coverup! 


Let’s talk details before I start getting too far!

- Size range from 1 to 14
- A4, letter, and A0 print sizes
- Layered printing
- Color photos for each step
- Collarless neck with neck facing
- Button closure in front and at the cuffs
- Welt pocket detail

The pattern is designed for non stretch denims and twill, and we used both denim and duck fabric for ours.  We saw a rose print in Hobby Lobby and needed it.  Well, okay, I needed it and my daughter went along with it.  The finished length hits between the waist and high hip so it make this perfect for fall layering! 

The front closes with jean buttons, snaps, or regular buttons, and it’s really your preference on which you use. We went with jean buttons, and they were a snap to attach.  Just grabbed myself a hammer and schwacked away until they were securely attached.

I really loved the front yoke design.  It was a little fiddly for me to get attached because I’m super impatient and didn’t want to take the time to get it right the first time, but after reading through the directions a second time it wasn’t as hard as I made it on myself. 


I will warn you that this isn’t a fast sew. You will want to take your time to match everything up properly so you don’t end up with your pieces looking wonky.  I wasn’t too sure of my lines until I added the faux felled seams…and man, it was awesome!  The extra time that it takes to get everything lined up is so worth the amazing results you’ll get when you’re done! 

For the one we made during testing, we mixed the pink roses with some floral denim.  I am a little jealous of my daughter’s jacket, and I really need one for myself now.  HA! I’m not so patiently waiting for Suzanne to release a women’s version of this amazing pattern!...and it’s just in time for what I HOPE is cooler weather on the horizon.


AND, it’s on sale at a special release price.  It retails for $9.95 but you can grab it now for $7.50!  I promise you won’t be disappointed!   Just head over to Winter Wear Designs and click add the Fashionista Jean Jacket to your cart.  So easy to do and you'll be really glad you did!!

Thanks so much for reading along!  Be sure to share your  makes in the Winter Wear Designs Fun FB group so we can see your masterpieces!

Blessings and Happy Sewing,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment