Thursday, November 10, 2016

Taylor made for me (Taylor Leggings from Laela Jeyne Patterns)

The one clothing item that I completely love but don't necessarily love on me would be the legging.  I'm pretty vertically challenged measuring in at a whopping 5'1"...this means by the standard, I am actually 2" shorter than the petite size. :/!  So, yay, there's that!  However, Marisa over at Laela Jeyne Patterns decided that her Charlotte leggings needed a big sister so when she posted the tester call for the Taylor leggings, I urghed and arghed over it before I decided to go for it.  The beauty of making my own leggings is that I can tailor the Taylor to fit me, and these fit like a glove!

Before I go too far, let's do my usual rundown of pattern details:

- Three lengths: ankle, cropped, and below the knee
- Tapered waist so you can get the best fit
- Maternity band option!!
- One piece leg so you only have the one seam on the inside
- Really quick sew (I think it took longer to glue the pieces together than to sew them!)
- Layered pattern pieces so you only print the size you need
- Mommy tummy adjustment tips 
- No trim pages (still one of my favorite features about LJ Patterns)

As usual, this pattern didn't disappoint!  I love how they fit on me, and the rise was high enough that I wasn't worried I'd be mistaken for a plumber when I bent over to pick something up.  I made mine up with a brushed poly floral knit from Knitpop, and it was so so yummy!  They literally felt like silk when I put them on.  I may or may not have slept in them and then rolled out to school the next morning in them when I dropped the kids off...

These leggings are such a fast sew.  I think it took me about 45 minutes from cutting the fabric to sewing the last stitch on the hem.  My husband isn't a big fan of florals or leggings, but even he was pretty impressed with these ones.   We're calling that a win for sure!  Looking at the other tester photos, these leggings really looked amazing on all of the ladies who tested.  I was so excited about these that I actually even had my photographer take a photo of my tush in these. HA!

Being that there are three leg lengths, these are really a great pattern for every season.  I would definitely pay attention to the stretch factor and recovery on your knit, though, when you are picking out a fabric for these.  And for ladies who are growing a life in their belly, Marisa included a maternity band option.  I remember living in leggings when I was pregnant, and I seriously would have made one for every day of the month if I had this pattern a few years ago!

Now, if you've read this far, let's get you some info on how to get yourself a copy of the Taylor leggings for free!  Marisa is offering this pattern to her group members, and you can grab the code from the pinned post in her group! These pair perfectly with the new Sydney Slouchy Raglan that she also just released and listed for a special release price of $6.50!

Thanks so much for reading along, and sew yourself a pair of Taylor's today!

Blessings and Happy Sewing,
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment