Monday, January 4, 2016

PJ partying with Laela Jeyne!

Last month, I had the opportunity to test the Comfy PJ pattern from Laela Jeyne Patterns.  If it were up to me, I would never ever change out of my pj’s. Ever.  So, I was ecstatic when I saw that Marisa was getting ready to release a pj pattern, and I was even more ecstatic when I found out I would have the chance to be part of her test team.  And let me tell ya, this pattern is perfect!   It comes with pattern pieces for short sleeves and shorts or long sleeves and pants.  Being vertically challenged at a whopping 5’1”, I was stoked to see that this pattern has a shorter inseam option as well with higher and lower rises.  With sizes ranging from XS to XXL, this pattern really covers a wide range of sizes.  It can also be made is either a woven fabric or knit!  I actually made one in flannel and one in cotton woven. 

As with all of Marisa’s pattern, this one is very clearly and concisely written AND there are tons of photos to help illustrate the directions for those of us who are more visual sewists!  And one of my favorite things about this pattern are NO TRIM pages!  This essentially means I didn’t have to spend precious sewing time cutting the edges off the pages to fit them together.  And the pieces just slid right into place when I glued the pages together!  Oh, and layering.  I really love that I could select the size that I wanted to print, and just the size that I wanted.  It makes for much easier cutting when I have only the one set of lines to cut on!

The design and construction of these also lends itself to some pretty nifty embellishments if you’re wanting to do some piping or add a little something to the pockets.  It’s really such a versatile pattern, and you have so many options that you can’t go wrong.  One of the testers even made some of these for men, and she said they turned out great so really, what’s not to love about this pattern?



Now, sewing for myself is iffy because I’m never sure how the fit is going to go with the finished product, but I love the fit of these pj’s.  The top is roomy enough to allow movement but not so roomy that I feel like I’m drowning in a sea of fabric, and the bottoms have just enough give for me to have some "running around after the kids" freedom.  I didn’t add the pockets to mine, but I wish I had now that I’ve worn them a few times.  I’m always looking for a place to stuff my phone or tuck away the treasures that my kids need me to keep for them while they continue tearing through the house so I think I’m going to be adding some pockets on the next pair that I sew up…WHICH, I might add is going to be happening when Marisa starts her sewalong for this awesome new pattern!  It starts in just a week on 11 January on the Laela Jeyne Facebook page!  You can join in the fun by RSVP’ing to the event and you can snag the pattern on sale by clicking here!  Sale ends the 11th, though, so don't miss out!

So, go grab your copy of this pattern and then raid your stash for some fabric so you can join the sewalong!  Happy Sewing and see you at Marisa's FB page on the 11th!

Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment